Joseph was going to go to Mexico City in a week for a 5 week internship with the church's legal counsel.
Since the pig flu outbreak, plans have changed. Maybe he will go to Peru, Guatemala, or stay here and work in SLC with the counsel there. We won't know for sure until maybe Monday.
In the meantime he has had this week off, which he had planned to use as family time--time to do much needed work on our garden and yard and do some fun things before he leaves us for awhile.
It hasn't quite worked out this way as I've been sick with the flu. I'm on my 3rd day of a very stubborn virus, and since I'm not naturally patient, don't like resting, and can't seem to stop doing what I normally do, it's lasted longer than I'd hoped. I have been taking everything I know to take: raw garlic, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, echinacea, mushrooms, vitamin C, zinc, vitalerbs, cough drops, lemon water, spirulina, herbal tea....you name it.
Last time I was sick was also in a time of transition...when Joseph started law school. I wonder if there's any connection between the stress of change (which I'm not always the best at handling) and immunity? Because I tell you what, I cannot think another thing I could have done differently to prevent this. And now I can't thing of another thing I could take, eat, ect. I suppose I'm left with nothing else to do but rest...darn!
Thankfully Joseph has been home. He's been a great dad, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids. The weather has been great and I've had time to contemplate why I so do not like being ill.
There's always a silver lining somewhere, right?
12 years: Can kids ruin marriage?
9 years ago
3 comments:
hope you feel better!
That's too bad you've been under the weather. Sounds like your kids haven't been sick too, so that's good. And hooray for helpful husbands!
being sick is the pits! hope you get feeling better soon. sorry to tell you that sometimes REST is the best medicine....i know, rest and motherhood?? but try and get some!
Post a Comment