
This post is for the man of my life, although you all are welcome to read.
Holy cow.
Today is 5 years since the establishment of Joseph & Janae Wise, Inc.
We've done a lot together, babe.
Reader's Digest version of the past 5 years:
2004
Junish/July: Boy meets girl. A fortuitous sequence of events leads up to the us at the same time, being in the hometown where we were we both raised. After having known of one another for years, we have our first real conversation at church which initiates our relationship.
After a week and half of togetherness, we stop by the side of the road in the mountains, and over some Subway sandwiches, we decide we wouldn't mind spending eternity with each other. Sort of a "mutual" proposal, we become engaged. Through luck, fate/divine intervention, or both, I happen to have the rings and a $25 wedding dress (in pristine condition!) from D.I.
Get hitched one month later. Go to Hawaii on honeymoon. Decide, hey, why waste time? let's have a baby. Sure that it will be a boy, we name him Hyrum, before he was even conceived.
You go to BYU and teach Latvian speaking missionaries at the MTC. I work full-time and make you cookies nearly every night, much to the your delight.
2005
Buy our first home, have a baby on our 11 month anniversary, continue going to school and working. Baby Hyrum is the joy of our existence.
2006
More happiness comes to our home with the addition of baby Asher and I give birth to him at home. I begin teaching aerobics. You are busier than ever with full-time school and work, and teaching seminary in Lehi and Alpine.
2007
Sell our first home. Move in with the Anderson parents in Washington. I teach yoga and watch with amazement as Hyrum and Asher never seem to run out of energy. You study like a mad man for the LSAT, teach early morning seminary and math at Sunnyside High School. We love to be close to both sets of grandparents, many cousins, and friends.
2008
Get accepted to BYU Law, they give us an offer we can't refuse. After much saving, and again, a fortuitous set of circumstances, we buy our second (dream!) home in lovely south Provo. Move back to Utah in the summer. Sweet baby Amalia graces our presence and joins our family. You start law school, I teach water aerobics, Pilates, and aerobics. Hyrum & Asher love to be boys and play outside, go to story time, and play with cousins and friends. Amalia is good at being adorable (and perfect in every way).
2009
Busy, busy, busy. Life just gets busier. I work part-time, you take care of kiddies and go to law school full-time. You get summer internship and go to Peru for 6 grueling weeks, in which I wonder how I could possibly live without you. The kids and I go to Washington for 6 weeks and enjoy the company of friends and much family. Summer is spent swimming, going to Southern Utah, going to parks, riding bikes, playing outside in the sandbox, library story times, and lots of family get togethers with cousins, aunts, and grandparents. You work at BYU Religion & Law Center and continue to be supportive of me and my endeavors in every way..... (to be cont.)
Here's to 5 happy years (let's raise an imaginary glass of sparkling cider), and to many, many more.
I love you, dear. You're my best friend, greatest supporter, and the love of my life and eternity. I look forward to forever with you, and can't wait to see where the years will take us.
Holy cow.
Today is 5 years since the establishment of Joseph & Janae Wise, Inc.
We've done a lot together, babe.
Reader's Digest version of the past 5 years:
2004
Junish/July: Boy meets girl. A fortuitous sequence of events leads up to the us at the same time, being in the hometown where we were we both raised. After having known of one another for years, we have our first real conversation at church which initiates our relationship.
After a week and half of togetherness, we stop by the side of the road in the mountains, and over some Subway sandwiches, we decide we wouldn't mind spending eternity with each other. Sort of a "mutual" proposal, we become engaged. Through luck, fate/divine intervention, or both, I happen to have the rings and a $25 wedding dress (in pristine condition!) from D.I.
Get hitched one month later. Go to Hawaii on honeymoon. Decide, hey, why waste time? let's have a baby. Sure that it will be a boy, we name him Hyrum, before he was even conceived.
You go to BYU and teach Latvian speaking missionaries at the MTC. I work full-time and make you cookies nearly every night, much to the your delight.
2005
Buy our first home, have a baby on our 11 month anniversary, continue going to school and working. Baby Hyrum is the joy of our existence.
2006
More happiness comes to our home with the addition of baby Asher and I give birth to him at home. I begin teaching aerobics. You are busier than ever with full-time school and work, and teaching seminary in Lehi and Alpine.
2007
Sell our first home. Move in with the Anderson parents in Washington. I teach yoga and watch with amazement as Hyrum and Asher never seem to run out of energy. You study like a mad man for the LSAT, teach early morning seminary and math at Sunnyside High School. We love to be close to both sets of grandparents, many cousins, and friends.
2008
Get accepted to BYU Law, they give us an offer we can't refuse. After much saving, and again, a fortuitous set of circumstances, we buy our second (dream!) home in lovely south Provo. Move back to Utah in the summer. Sweet baby Amalia graces our presence and joins our family. You start law school, I teach water aerobics, Pilates, and aerobics. Hyrum & Asher love to be boys and play outside, go to story time, and play with cousins and friends. Amalia is good at being adorable (and perfect in every way).
2009
Busy, busy, busy. Life just gets busier. I work part-time, you take care of kiddies and go to law school full-time. You get summer internship and go to Peru for 6 grueling weeks, in which I wonder how I could possibly live without you. The kids and I go to Washington for 6 weeks and enjoy the company of friends and much family. Summer is spent swimming, going to Southern Utah, going to parks, riding bikes, playing outside in the sandbox, library story times, and lots of family get togethers with cousins, aunts, and grandparents. You work at BYU Religion & Law Center and continue to be supportive of me and my endeavors in every way..... (to be cont.)
Here's to 5 happy years (let's raise an imaginary glass of sparkling cider), and to many, many more.
I love you, dear. You're my best friend, greatest supporter, and the love of my life and eternity. I look forward to forever with you, and can't wait to see where the years will take us.
Love, love, love you.
7 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! It goes by so fast, doesn't it? Hope you have a wonderful day!
Happy Anniversary for sure! What a cute story and sweet post! I also hope you have many more wonderful years to come!!
Happy Anniversary!:)
Ever consider slowing down? Haha j/k
Happy Anniversary!
Funny you would say that Melissa... Kind of an inside joke. I'll tell you the secret in about 9 months.... ok, I'm just kidding.
Anyway- Happy Anniversary Janae and Joseph. I only saw you last night, and then talked to you about 10 times today janae! Hope you got some time together today!
Congratulations! You guys HAVE accomplished so much in 5 years.
so cute, I love that same past time!
Post a Comment