Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sneaking treats



Asher loves to sneak treats. Like get into food that he's "not supposed to." I went shopping last night at a new grocery store in town, called Buy Low. The produce prices where astounding (bananas 4 lbs. for $1, pears 3 lbs. for $1, $2 pineapples, ect.) so I stocked up on a ton of stuff: oranges, pumelos, grapes, pears, peaches, pineapples, apples. Once my kids saw the new "treats" it was the first thing they asked for this morning. They both wanted peaches. So I cut up a peach for both of them. They quickly devoured their allotment and asked for more. Later, I couldn't find Asher, and went around the house calling his name. I finally heard a little squeak come from one of our closets, and there Asher was, in the corner, hiding something. Did he find Joseph's stash of candy? gum? markers? He relunctantly came out, and whew, to my relief, it was just another peach he was eating. (This was after a breakfast of two peaches, an apple, some pineapple, half of a waffle...he's a non-stop eater). Well, if my kids want to think that fruit is treat, I'll just let them continue thinking that and they can "sneak" all the fruit they want.

4 comments:

donna said...

Sounds like you have a good little eater in your house.
Oh fresh fruit. YUMMY! :)

Deja said...

I swoon for such fruit. It looks terrible here. Not to mention it's 400 million dollars a pound.

Cute, healthy kid.

Melissa DeLeon said...

I can imagine your relief when he came out of the closet -- with two little boys you have to always expect the worst! :)

Pa said...

Well, Janae, I don't check in that often, once or twice a month, but when I do I thorough enjoy your blog. I don't know how you have time for it but the daily routine description and the pictures were wonderful. I too am glad Asher is sneaking peaches rather than something else. And having two little banshees running around at night is just the beginning! Enjoy it! It's wonderful. It's hard to believe but one day in the not to distance future you will truly miss those days and get all sentimental and choked up just thinking about them. We love you guys and look forward to seeing you this Spring.
PA