Saturday, September 19, 2009

Engagement Pictures?

Nah, not yet. But they're pretty cute, aren't they? This is Milia, Hyrum's friend, the daughter of one of our law school friends. She's cute as button and very well behaved, and Hyrum and Asher love to play with her.

So a quick update on us. Hyrum started pre-school this past week. He LOVES it. Won't stop talking about it. I went with him to his first day and was very impressed with the teachers (there are 3 of them for his class), resources, and overall environment. I was a little hesitant about the idea of sending him off. But he's so independent and loves the interaction with others. So I'm fine with it as long as he wants to go.
And this means that I'm home with Asher and Amalia during this time. Which is fantastic because there's something about not having Hyrum around that gives Asher the opportunity to be his own self. When he and Hyrum are together (which is nearly every waking minute), Asher and Hyrum are siamese twins. They do everything together and have very little autonomy. So a little time a part, some time where I can dote on Asher a little more, is a good thing.
Joseph is busier than ever. Moot court, Trial Advocacy, internship with the Utah county prosector's office, on the planning committee for the Law & Religion symposium (which will be held over General Conference weekend), along with all of his law classes, he has plenty to do.
As for me, I recently got the job of teaching fitness classes to the sister missionaries at the MTC every morning. I don't know what I did to deserve such a blessing (I mean, I already have the coolest job working at UVU teaching classes). It's an amazing job and I love the atmosphere and the sisters. Between the kids, storytime, cooking, keeping the house clean, teaching classes, being involved with Law Partners, babysitting co-op, pre-school, ect. Life is full and good. I finally feel like I've found my niche and that after a few years (over 3, actually), I'm finally feeling like a "professional" progressing into the realms of being able to call myself an expert at something (not quite there, yet, though!). I have confidence and assurance, I know how to talk with my students, and I've never felt this before. It's a nice feeling.

I'm also really excited to teach some cooking classes through UVU's continuing ed as well as begin teaching Wellness 101 with the Wellness Forum. Love life, love family.
We're so blessed.

3 comments:

Melissa DeLeon said...

Very cute photos.
Congrats to all for new adventures and experiences to come!

donna said...

Teaching the sisters at the MTC! FUN job! :)

OH i agree with Melissa, very cute photos.

Becky said...

I am glad life is good for you! You are doing a GREAT job doing everything- such a good mom! Glad you have a job you enjoy too . . .