Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Days Without Daddy

Our dear husband/daddy is far far away from us, and we are definately going through withdrawals. I have a pretty pampered life and have never experienced true hardship, so I'm reluctant to complain about how difficult it is to be without my other half for awhile. I know many people go through this all the time. Knowing this doesn't make the experience any easier, really. But thankfully, we are being taken care by both sides of the family here in Sunnyside. The boys have no shortage of love and attention coming from ooddles of cousins, aunts and uncles, and both sets of grandparents. Joseph and I sure lucked out by having both our parents live in the same town.

I promised Joseph I would try to post every day (or nearly every day), while he's gone so most of what I will post for the next month or so is mostly with him in mind.

Here's what we've been up to the past few days..
Our trip to Seattle to take Joseph to the airport. I fell in love with Seattle...I couldn't get over how beautiful some of the neighborhoods are. The trees, the water, the mountains, you'd think I'd never have been here before. It's still overwhelming to me to be surrounded by so much traffic, buildings, and people, but I find the atmosphere and views absolutely breathtaking nonetheless.

We took Amalia with us and left the boys with abuelita/abuelito. She was such a treat, as always and just made us laugh the whole time. She spreads instant joy wherever she is.

This is a random pic I came across of Asher, nearly the same age as Amalia is now. Resemblance? I don't see it, but many people do comment on how they look quite a bit alike.


Amalia, in a new dress Grandma gave her, "attempting" to crawl. I say attempting rather reluctantly. She's actually pretty content to just sit and watch her brothers run around.

Amalia chewing on some unidentifiable object.

"Hey Daddy! Remember me? I'm your best friend!"

The kids helping abuelito plant his gianormous garden.

Abuelito showing them how it's done. I'm sure they were so much help :)


Grandma bought the boys matching outfits. First time they've worn anything matching...kinda cute, in a twinsie sorta way.

Hyrum is always the older, more responsible brother, always looking out for his little brother (anyone see River Runs Through It? The relationship between the brothers is kinda similiar to Hyrum and Asher, minus the alcohol, booze, and loose women).
Cousin Benjamin and Hyrum putting together a puzzle...no shortage of playmates around here.













5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a bunch of cute kids you got there Janae! It's always hard to not have Daddy around. Glad you could be at home where you have a huge family to help you and keep you from losing your mind. Have fun in good ol' Sunnyside!

Danae said...

The matching outfits are very cute. We've done that a couple times with Emma and Elizabeth, but more often with the twins...
It looks like the cousins are just as helpful in the garden as our kids! We started planting last night for FHE. They pretty much just had fun playing in the dirt.

Michelle Olson said...

I love, love, love the picture of Amalia smiling up close!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a sweet posting!

donna said...

Oh what great pictures. I am so glad that you are able to be with your family here in Washington, while you hubby is away.

Michelle Olson said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NATALIE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TALENTED! She obviously had some cute material to work with!