Joseph had a meeting for his summer internship at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in SLC this past week. We drove up with him and I walked around temple square with the kids in the triple stroller. The sister missionaries were so accommodating and we went on a little tour. Such a blessing to live so close to temple square and enjoy the beauty that is there. Standing next to the Christus statue shows just how BIG it is.
Later in the week, I blindfolded Joseph, left the kids home with Nate & Kristen, surprised Joseph with a weekend getaway at Aspen Grove. It was really nice to have pulled off the surprise, especially since I'm typically not very good at it. We attended a marriage get-away, sponsored by the Alumni Association and attended some classes by a Marriage & Family therapist, Jason Carrol, a professor at BYU. We ate some delicious food, had beautiful snow-covered surroundings, and went cross-country skying on Saturday afternoon (which was a TON of fun...I actually didn't fall down the whole time). A few things we both came away with: a greater appreciation for each other, and a renewed commitment to put each other at the very top, #1 slot on each of our priority lists.
Me tasting the ice...BRRR.
Can you believe Joseph is eating ICECREAM surrounded by so much snow and ice?? Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. It's only 25 minutes away from our house, but it might as well be a different world. See the icicles?
4 comments:
glad you didn't get your tongue stuck to the ice!
How fun!!! I am so glad you got a weekend away, without kids. I am longing for one of those since it has been a long time for me and Jon. I remember living close to the mountains in Utah- it is spectacular and I never took them for granted. Especially going up to Aspen grove.
Oh i love Temple square.:)
How fun to be able to get away with your hubby!!!!!
I'm with Joseph -- I love ice cream even more in the winter!
Post a Comment