Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Here's to 6 years baby




Our anniversary was last month.

Somehow it feels like we've always been together. You know, like two peas in pod. Macaroni and cheese. Peanut butter and jelly. Joseph and I just go together. We're meant to be together. My Favorite things about Jose:
1. I like his presence. I like knowing he's in the room, or in the house, in the yard. Just near is fine with me.
2. He's got brains. Seriously. A 172 on the LSAT (sorry honey, I know you'd never publicize this, but considering you're almost done with law school, the secret's out!), he's a reading machine (he consistently reads one or two novels/books a week OUTSIDE of his law school reading), and he can write like nobody's business. I like tossing ideas and dilemmas his way just to discuss all of the possibilities and see what his brain comes up with.
3. We can talk. That was one of the first signs it was meant to be. While dating, we could talk for hours and hours and we still wanted more.
4. I like his flour tortillas, enchiladas, and the quick, simple tasty meals he throws together for the kids and me.
5. Since Hyrum, he's the one to soothe a crying child in the middle of the night. He'll sleep on the floor next to them until they fall asleep, singing songs. Once, Asher, woke up in the middle of the night saying that it hurt "between his toes," and wouldn't stop wailing. Joseph got him to settle down by running water over his feet telling him that it would "fix" it (it worked). Asher is convinced this is the way you fix the problem.
6. He reads to the kids, wrestles with them, talks with them. He includes them in his home improvement projects. He takes them to the park, to the pool, to the library. He's 100% there for the kids.
7. We like the same things. We're book junkies. Artsy folks who love concerts, movies (he more than me, who can only watch movies about once or twice if it's REALLY good, but he can watch the same movie over and over and over again), plays.
8. We like bed & breakfasts.
9. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He changes diapers, gives baths, wipes snot, does the dishes.
10. I like his smile. I like that we are the same height. And about the same weight. I like that he smiles a lot. And that our approach to life is about the same: work hard, be with family, don't waste time, read good books.


When we were last in Washington, in August, we spent most of our time with both of our families. Here we are with Lucy, my sister-in-law's mother visiting from Chile. This woman can cook! I LOVE LOVE her food. She also was the one to cut mine and Malia's hair. We love her.
The boys and their cousin Elijah at one of the many family dinners.
Daddy lying outside looking at clouds with the kids.
Mali getting her hair cut for the first time!
Mali and cousin Aline at uncle Jory and aunt Kathy's house. The kids loved staying with their cousins. A party all day, every day!
Boys will be boys...

2 comments:

donna said...

happy anniversary. ; )

Rachel said...

Beautiful. gorgeous, breathtaking Janae! And that last photo is the coolest ever!