Monday, June 1, 2009

Camera Burnout, and other burnouts of sorts

I don't have many pictures to post. In fact I haven't really taken pictures this last week. Call it camera burn-out if you will, I'm tired of being the only camera person. I'm ready for Joseph to be back and resume his duties as picture taker. Not that he was all of the time. It was mostly me taking pictures (that's why I'm in very few of the pictures), but just to have someone other than myself do it, well that's nice.

Which brings me to my next point. Being a single parent. I'll try not to be to wha-wha about it, because as I've mentioned before, I know there are a lot of military families out there who are separated for much longer than 5 weeks and are putting themselves and their families in a place that involves a great deal of risk. But single parenting. It's not ideal. It's hard. I don't ever want to do it again if I have a say in it.

As for now, I'm sitting in the backyard of James's (brother-in-law) house while the kiddies run around, climbing on the swing set, climbing trees, doing all sorts of yelling and screaming like kids do. And all the while, Amalia sits on a blanket, content to play with old cell phones and rattle toys.

In the mean time, I think of my other half, and can't help but anticipate days when our family will be complete again.

2 comments:

donna said...

How much longer will Joseph will be gone?

Melissa DeLeon said...

I feel for you, sweetie! Single parenting with 3 kids is HARD... and I only had to do it for a few days, let alone as an ongoing responsibility.
Only one more week(ish)!